Sunday, January 30, 2011

 SNOW DAY READING AND MORE...

 Hello everyone,

Since we are home again on this freezing day, I thought I'd pass along a few indoor activities to keep you all busy: (All sites are available on the right hand column of the blog).

1. Science and Social Studies- Pearson Science and Social Studies  - your UN: is your firstname_lastname (case sensitive/all lower case); PW: maywatts (no space). Scroll to the bottom of the page...I have selected books for you about National Symbols and Monuments (Social Studies) and Sink or Float (Science).

2.  Math Practice Sites: Double-Digit Subtraction

3. And...if you haven't had enough snow yet, go to Art/Music/Fun: to print and make a snowflake. 

 Math Exploration Volunteer Opportunity:

I have two more openings for this Friday's Math Explorations. If you would like to come in from 12:30-1:30, please email me.

Thank you form coming to Open House

It was great to see so many students and families at Open House last Thursday. Students always love showing you what they have been doing in class and telling you all about what they do at school all day. They really are May Watts experts and I am so happy that you were able to spend time to let them  guide you around their special place. 

Reading:  

We will have an open book assessment on Dear Mr. Blueberry this Monday. Please remind your child to read the story several times so that he/she is familiar with where to reread for comprehension questions.

Valentine's Day:

Following is a list of 2BR students for Valentine Cards. Please have your child bring his/her Valentines to school on Friday, FEBRUARY 11th in a ziplock bag. Your child’s name should be on the ziplock bag. The school party will be on Monday, February 14th--but I ask that Valentines come in a day early so I know who is/is not participating in this activity. Students who choose to participate should make a valentine for EVERY student in the classroom. Your child can practice his/her handwriting skills by writing classmate’s names on each envelope. Don’t forget to sign the card, so recipients know who the Valentine is from! This activity is optional.  

Please do not attach candy to Valentine Cards.
 
Student List:

Yegor
Angela
Jack
Nickolas
Anushka
Medha
Lauren
Spandan
Brian
Akash
Gabby
Elizabeth
Henry
Michael
Jyothika
Connor
Clarke
Maya
Emma
Sumedha
Jacob
Caden
Dominic
Ana
Zaire
Mrs. Boddu - T.A.